The organisation of the database closely reflects the theoretical data model, which has been developed in the context of the International Virtual Observatory in order to ensure the interoperability with other astrophysics projects. Therefore, it follows a hierarchical structure.
The database is organised in projects, which assemble sets of related numerical simulations, which all investigate a specific problem such as for example molecular cloud formation or prestellar core collapse.
Each simulation is referring to a protocol, which can be defined as a peculiar binary file for a modelisation code. Typically, it defines a class of numerical experiments determined by a small number of parameters (such as for exemple the mass and the initial temperature and density of a prestellar core). For all protocols, a description is given including the applied physics and the control parameters.
For any protocol, series of numerical experiments have been performed. An experiment corresponds to a specific run of a given protocol, that is running the code for a given set of parameters. A description of the experiment is given including, of course, the value of the chosen parameters.
Then, all simulations are organized in snapshot, which is the results of the numerical experiment at a particular time. Usually few snapshots are available. In the database, the snapshots are characterized by few relevant quantities, which can be for example, statistical indicators as well as images.
This Galactica database is made available under Open Database License. Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the Database Contents License.
You are free:
- To Create: To produce works from the database.
- To Adapt: To modify, transform and build upon the database.
As long as you:
- Attribute: You must attribute any public use of the database, or works produced from the database, in the manner specified in the ODbL. For any use or redistribution of the database, or works produced from it, you must make clear to others the license of the database and keep intact any notices on the original database.
- Share-alike: If you publicly use any adapted version of this database, or works produced from an adapted database, you must also offer that adapted database under the ODbL.
- Keep open: If you redistribute the database, or an adapted version of it, then you may use technological measures that restrict the work (such as DRM) as long as you also redistribute a version without such measures.
- Frédéric BOURNAUD (CEA-Irfu-DAp)
- Allan-Sacha BRUN (CEA-Irfu-DAp)
- Sébastien FROMANG (CEA-Irfu-DAp)
- Matthias GONZÁLEZ (CEA-Irfu-DAp)
- Patrick HENNEBELLE (CEA-Irfu-DAp)
- Damien CHAPON (CEA-Irfu-DEDIP)
All materials and graphical elements contained on this site are protected by French and international copyright law and intellectual property rights.
The reproduction of the materials and graphical elements on this site, in part or in whole, is prohibited except with permission from the Director of publication.
Director of publication:
For requests to use any of the contents of this site please contact us:
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex